Chinese General Hospital and Medical Center: Patient's Food REVIEW.
![]() |
| Sealed and served for protection. |
Food is no ordinary thing, and it will never be just a bite that we use to get by simply because it is a usual everyday need. In science, healthy food must come with a calculated agricultural process. Even in our everyday lives, we plan for better meals not just for survival, but for our overall satisfaction, to silence our cravings, and to invest well in our future health. Being mindful while we eat is essential, because if we just eat for natural reasons, we won't be living the best days of our lives; our mentality and spirituality are also affected. We celebrate break times as moments of quick happiness to fuel us up for our next journey. It is truly something we should take seriously. Like me, having taken up an online course in STANFORD MEDICINE, I'll show you my credentials down below.
Now, as a tourism management graduate, we even learned the history of food service in a hospital. Okay, for now, let's just make this review plain and simple. These two meals are what they always call "RASYON"—or in English, "RATION"—meaning meals are provided and fixed or specifically arranged for them. I only got two for the day, for breakfast and lunch, and yes, no dinner. It would be nice if we had a complete set for the whole day, right?! Well, we can always add or update things here, but first, let's see these two.
Our breakfast was FRIED TILAPIA with TOYO MANSI, RICE, and PAPAYA. The fish tasted normal, not even salty, and I am glad. It's not pale like what they usually serve for patients because I really don't like food that is too flavorful. And I can tell that this is fried, not air-fried, because the taste would be totally different. I am satisfied enough with its natural taste, plus probably a little bit of savoriness from the paired salt and pepper—especially since enhancers like synthetic, fake flavors or syrups will just trigger my chronic migraines from those stimulants. And so, the overall taste of it was a perfect combination with the natural, fresh papaya. No patient wants to eat heavy all the time, so this is just enough.
I love the taste of BEEF CALDERETA; it wasn't bland at all, but not salty as well. Why do I keep talking about a salty palate? It's because we usually taste these rich flavors from restaurants. You see, there's a possibility of soy and oyster sauce for this dish. We expect a strong savoriness, but this dish for the patients was truly astonishing. Well, of course, the beef was just right—it's chewable and soft. The SAYOTE CARROTS GUISADO is the same: not bland and not even heavily seasoned like we are always used to tasting stir-fried veggies.
"And lastly, the CRINKLES for dessert were just fine."Not that sweet, but felt like a quick bite because it was too small. I kind of want a good dessert as well, because everybody wants to enjoy their meal as a whole. I really didn't expect much because it is designed for patients, but while these simple meals were simple, they made them well and balanced for what a patient needs. Of course, I know that not all patients would get the same dishes—especially with conditions like diabetes, allergies, and so on. For a simple patient like me, I would say this is okay and well done. I didn't think too much about the dessert for this package because we still have restrictions on what sugar we are allowed to have and what dessert are we craving for. But the crinkles are way too small; still, it's fine, since a patient and a companion would always want to request outside food from the hospital just to satisfy their cravings.
![]() |
| Sent via E-mail. |














No comments:
Post a Comment